Avoid Common Landscaping Mistakes - Don't Ruin Your Lawn
As a homeowner, taking the time to create a stunning property is important. Landscaping is something that can be enjoyable and can also transform your property. But it's easy to make mistakes that can lead to big expenses and headaches. In most cases just hiring the right landscaping professional will let you avoid these issues. But it's still worth taking a look at them so you don't make the same mistakes that many others have made - and paid for.
- Planting in the Wrong Spot - There are several big problems that can occur when planting. Failing to consider sunlight exposure can lead to a plant that doesn't survive. Planting trees in the wrong spot could lead to them needing to be cut down in the future as they grow into power lines or into your home. And planting too tightly together can create a bed of roots that will make it impossible to have a lawn. Plant smart when you plant.
- Planting Invasive Plants - There are plenty of plants that can look lovely but that run the risk of overtaking your home. Various vines and ground covers can decimate your home, and even something as useful as mint could become a serious problem.
- Failure to Consider Drainage - When you're doing major landscaping that involves modifying your lawn's appearance, it's easy to forget about water drainage. Many homeowners have created slopes, grades, and gardens that drain right into their crawlspace and cause thousands of dollars in damage.
- Failure to Consider Maintenance - That pond is lovely, and sure to be enjoyed by you for years. But the steep bank on the opposite side of it comes with dangerous, difficult maintenance needs. You don't want to spend every Saturday standing on it with a weed trimmer. Be sure you consider the maintenance responsibilities of what you're doing when you landscape.
- Improper Lawn Maintenance - The fact is that things like cutting your grass too short, watering improperly, and mulching too much can all damage your landscaping. If you don't know how to go about proper maintenance, trust someone else to do it.
There are lots of mistakes you can make in your landscaping, and it's important that you understand them before you begin. Some may only cause a minor inconvenience while others could cost you thousands. If in doubt, trust a pro to take care of your landscaping. But in all cases, don't just go about it haphazardly.
Landscaping Quick Quote